Goals, Objectives of SDS
Benefits of Secure Data Services
- Develop and implement an enterprise-class data center for securing and delivering critical information assets.
- Develop robust and assessable services that support the needs of project stakeholders.
- Create a reliable and efficient service for hosting and delivering critical information assets and other data to its users.
- Implement security policies and technical tools to protect data from loss, threat, theft, compromise of other inappropriate use.
- Reduce costs associated with the security and maintenance of critical information assets
- Provide quality service levels that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Progress towards efficiencies through strategic implementation of standard platform(s).
- Provide enhanced data security in compliance with federal and other regulatory bodies.
The initial version of secure data services will bring significant benefits to users through:
- Access to enhanced, highly available data storage through increased capacity (5.8TB to 13TB) and environmental protection and redundancy
- Centralized disaster recovery / business continuity through mirrored storage environments and tape backup
- Capability for growth and expansion with available rack, power and other environmental factors already in place
- A consolidated environment built from the ground up with security and data protection in mind
- Network subnets and virtual LANs with access control features for segmentation of data by role
- Highly available file, print and SQL servers through advanced server clustering; increased availability for all services through load balancing options
- Server management processes including auditing, change control, monitoring and alarm notification
- Snapshot technology implementation for advanced data backup and recovery services
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) based service