When you use sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus it’s important to do so safely. Misuse can lead to anything from employment issues to computer viruses and identity theft. So please take a few moments to review our social networking tips that will help ensure your personal safety.
- Use your privacy settings.
- Use caution when clicking on links in your news feed or messages. These can be viruses.
- Don’t trust that a message is really from the person who appears to have sent it. One popular scam hackers use is to send messages that appear to be from your friends requesting money. (Help! I’m in France and lost my luggage! Please send cash!)
- Don’t accept friend requests from strangers.
- Think twice before posting. The information you share does not go away.
View video here.